Georgia’s Valley Exploration Run – 11 to 13 July 2019
Be the first to Discover Georgia’s wilderness by running through its pristine trails. This trip takes the path of Truso Valley and will be the first of its kind as nobody has ever ran through it before. So I’m looking for some company to double the fun! We also will spend some time walking around Juta valley and other sightseeing attractions.
I’m an extreme triathlete, Ultra-runner, Public speaker, Engineer, and an entrepreneur who’s passionate about sharing experiences with people. Check my facebook profile to get to know me better!
I have never been on this trip before, so we will be exploring the place together. Nevertheless, I have a wide range of experience in organizing similar trips and will be responsible for all the planning and bookings. This exploration run is perfectly suited for Dubai residents looking to experience a unique athletic adventure over the weekend.
Activities: Trail Running & sightseeing
Distance 21 km Trail – (two way trail)
Elevation: 2,250m (Max) ,2,000m (Min).
Total Ascent: 450m Total Descent: 450m
Group size: Limited to 6 people
Departure Not Guaranteed: Minimum 3 people
Deposit of 200$ is required to secure your spot and payment must be completed in full before 42 days of departures.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeTrail Running
Adventure Theme Social Adventures
Group Size Small Group
- Starting from Tiblisi to Kvemo Okrokana ( where we start the run), to the ruins of Zakagori fortress and back (End of the run and stay the night close by the place), then back to Tiblis the next day.
- We meet at the hotel in Tbilisi on the 1st day of arrival.
- This Adventure perfectly fits Dubai people looking for adventurous athletic Georgia Tour over the weekend.
- Things you need to be aware of/Bring,
- Fitness is usually not an issue. If you cant co-op with the pace of the group, you have the option to walk and meet us at checkpoints. Our pace will be paced on the average group pace, usually around 6min/km
- Bring your choice of emergency kit.
- Bring Cellphone
- Bring GPS watch ( Optional) – GPX file available
- Bring Packbag that you can run with 1 liter of water
- Temperature ranging from 15 to 28-degree Celcius.
- You will have to book your own flight. The following are the recommended flight from Dubai ( Checked on 3/1/2019)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: if you’re flying on the last day of the trip you need to book your flight anytime from 7 Pm onwards . We plan to arrive at Tbilisi around 3 PM and you’ll need to allow enough time for yourself.
- Accommodation shall be budget oriented. Hotel in Tbilisi-1st night (Private Room), and in Kazbegi – 2nd night. (Private Rooms)
- You are required to figure out your own visa. We may assist to the best we could.
- Make sure to pack light and take only essentials with you. Avoid bringing valuable items.
- You may choose to join us or leave the group in any city, at any time and as you wish, but you need to tell us in advance
- The plan may change depending on the group preference or due to some unforeseen events.
- Please be respectful to others, we’re all traveling to enjoy.
- Please be respectful of the place
- Communicate with me any issues or special requests in advance
- Transportation between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Private Room Accommodation
- 2 Breakfasts
- Athletic Companion (Me 🙂 )
- Cost of the Meals
- Pass to access any venue
Day1 - Arrival
Meeting in Tbilisi Hotel
We meet at the hotel and get familiar with each other.
Day2 - 12/Jul
Heading to the Valley
head to TRUSO VALLEY. Its a 3 hours ride.
- Once we arrive, we spend a minute to check our equipment and off we go.
- We will take 2 to 3 breaks on the way, almost every 5 Km. You can separate from the group if you wish but will gather again at an assembly point
- After the run, we head, to the hotel which is 30 min away, put our luggage, rest a bit then head out to eat something explore some more of the place and head to Juta Valley for a walk before heading back to the hotel. You may want to separate from the group if you would like to do your own thing.
Day3 - 13/Jul
Back to Tbilisi and saying Goodbyes
- Enjoy the morning after breakfast and have a tour around the hotel area
- We head back to Tbilisi that afternoon and drop you anywhere on our way to the airport.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: if you’re flying on the last day of the trip you need to book your flight anytime from 7 Pm onward . We plan to arrive at Tbilisi around 3 PM and you’ll need to allow enough time for yourself .
Fitness is not usually a problem. If you can’t run, you can walk.
It’s better to book your flight only when the trip is confirmed. We will notify.
Try to book the timing to suit the itinerary mentioned here. otherwise; you are free to abandon the itinerary and the host will assist you with the transportation to the airport or any other place.
The following are not included in the trip price:
- Personal expenses
- Lunches and dinners in the cities
- Travel insurance
- Visa application fees
Because it helps us confirm the trip and to guarantee yourself a place since they’re limited to a small number of peoplele. If you miss it, you miss it for good until next year