Folding Bike EuroTrip – Eid Holiday – 09 to 17 Aug 2019
Eid Folding Bikes Eurotrip! Simply because there is no better way to experience Europe than on a bike. Do not waste your 2019 Eid holiday. Starting from Amsterdam to Eindhoven, Maastricht, Bruxelles, Paris then Lyon. for 810$ (2,970 AED) .
I myself went on this trip in 2018 and would love some company in Eid 2019. Join me on a quest of celebrating Eid holiday around 6 of Europe’s most magnificent cities on a budget folding bike tour.
I’m an extreme triathlete, Ultra-runner, Public speaker, Engineer, and an entrepreneur who’s passionate about sharing experiences with people. Check my facebook profile to know me better!
Activities: Cycling, Morning runs & sightseeing
Group size: Limited to 12 people
Departure Not Guaranteed: Minimum 6 people
Deposit of 200$ is required to secure your place and payment must be completed in full before 42 days of departures.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCycling
Adventure Theme Racing Adventures
Group Size Medium Group
- Starting from Amsterdam to Eindhoven, Maastricht, Bruxelles, Paris then Lyon.
- Starting on 09/Aug/2019 ( around the start of 2019 Eid al-Adha holiday) in Amsterdam and finishing on 17/Aug/2019 in Lyon.
- We will be commuting around the cities via our bikes, and between cities on trains except from Eindhoven to Maastricht where we will ride the 90 km on bikes over the day (subject to change based on the preference of the majority)
- Will tour all around the cities and stop at attractive sites. Will also decide on things to do on the way.
- You will have to book your own flight. The following are the recommended flights from Abu Dhabi and Dubai ( Checked on 1/1/2019)
- Accommodation shall be budget oriented (i.e nothing fancy but a clean shared room).
- You are required to secure your own visa. We may assist as best as we can
- Fitness level: this is an easy cycling route, almost any level of fitness is suitable.
- Bring your own folding bike along with spare tire and repair equipment; otherwise, you may decide to buy one from Amsterdam for 180 Euros and sell it in Lyon or ship it to your home country.
- You will have to carry your own luggage, so make sure you travel light and your bike is properly equipped with basic luggage carriers.
- You may choose to join us or leave the group in any city, at any time and as you wish. You may also leave the group if you want to do solo exploration.
- The plan may change depending on the group preference or due to some unforeseen events.
Things you need to know
- Please be respectful to others, we’re all traveling to enjoy our time
- Please be respectful of the place
- Communicate with me regarding any issues or special requests in advance
A More Detailed Itinerary shall be provided upon trip confirmation
- Train and bus transportation between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Mechanical support
- Athletic Companion
- Bike tours around the cities
- Morning running tours around the cities
- Food and Activities picks
- Cost of the Meals
- Pass to access any venue
Day1 - 09/Aug
Meeting in Amsterdam
We meet, get familiar with each other.
Will also a have look at your bike, will help you assemble it.
Then we go to Decathlon bike shop to buy you any required equipment or a bike if you don’t have one
Day2 - 10/Aug
Touring and chilling
The goal is to discover and experience every corner in Amsterdam. Will also agree on some event we may attend.
Day3 - 11/Aug
Heading to Eindhoven
we pick up a train in the morning to Eindhoven. Then we spend the day touring on our bikes
Day4 - 12/Aug
Cycling to Maastricht
This is the day where you need to put the most effort as we will cycle 90 km with some stops in between. There will be some checkpoints where you can cut it short if you’re not feeling well and decide to take the train instead and will meet you in Masstricht later on.
Day5 - 13/Aug
Touring and chilling
Spend the days checking all around the beautiful Maastricht
Day 6 - 14/Aug
Heading to Bruxelles then Paris
Will ride a train in the morning to Brussels. Will most likely skipBruxelles and head to Paris unless the majority decide otherwise, we could spend some more time in the transit. Trust me, there isn’t a lot to see there.
Then we spend the day touring on our bikes
Day 7 - 15/Aug
You may decide to join me over a morning run that will take you all around Paris.
Well go around the most attractive spots in Paris
Day 8 - 16/Aug
Heading to Lyon
Will ride a train in the morning to Lyon.
Then we spend the day touring on our bikes and Packing up the bikes/ or selling them back ( The ones bought in Amsterdam could be sold for 100 euros but you need to plan it in advance )
Day 9 - 17/Aug
Have a good breakfast and a walk around Lyon, then head to the airport to say our goodbyes
Accommodation shall be budget oriented (i.e nothing fancy but a clean shared room).
Details will be shared later on
There is no special fitness requirements. You just need to be able to ride a bike from some hours.
It’s better to book your flight only when the trip is confirmed. We will notify.
Try to book the timing to suit the itinerary mentioned here. otherwise; you are free to abandon the itinerary and the host will assist you with the transportation to the airport or any other place.
The following are not included in the trip price:
- Personal expenses
- Lunches and dinners in the cities
- Travel insurance
- Visa application fees
Because it helps us confirm the trip and to guarantee yourself a place since they’re limited to a small number of peoplele. If you miss it, you miss it for good until next year